Throughout my whole "Cancer Experience" I have been thinking.. is there anything I could have done to prevent me getting this thyroid cancer of was if inevetable that I would get it. I began my research and here is what I came up with
Thyroid cancer isn't 100% preventable like most cancers they don't know enough about it to prevent anything. What they do know is that there are two ways of getting it one being, like me, a chance of bad luck or a gene mutation of the RET gene that runs in families. If this is you getting tested early for the gene mutation means they can take your thyroid out to prevent you contracting the disease.
Thyroid Cancer, like all cancer is scary and you do really have to fight for you life, but if you can do it you have an amazing story to tell. Thanks for taking the time to read and learn along side me while I walk this journey through thyroid cancer! :)
~Josie
No comments:
Post a Comment