Hi. My name is Josie. I used to be a normal 16 year old girl..untill the day I found a lump in my neck and it was hard to swallow. At first I didn't think much of it but then my neck started to hurt then I knew something was not right. After I showed my mom we made an appointment with my family doctor. The next day we met with my doctor. She thought the mass might be CANCER.. Cancer... I couldn't have cancer I was only 16 only people you read about have cancer not me. After many tests I was back in the waiting room, the longest wait I have ever been through in my life was waiting to hear if I had thyroid cancer. My doctor came and got us and brought us to a room. This was it this is wear my life takes a drastic turn whether for the best or the worst. I'm nervous. Here goes..
My doctor told me that the tests said that I had cancer.
Lets review:
The symtoms:
Lumps or swelling in the neck
pain in the neck or ears
trouble swallowing
constant weezing or trouble breathing
horse voice
The Causes:
No doctors really know the root cause of thyroid cancer. Like most cancers they believe that changes in DNA can cause cancer. Either DNA that's inherited or DNA that changes over time.
Well, I got my answer. I'm like the people in those books you read. But just like them I'm a fighter and I am going to fight with my whole heart to survive this!
~Josie.
No comments:
Post a Comment